Adventure-A-Day April – Excerpt Twenty Eight

*The Adventure Continues*

July 5th 2012

Wow, did I feel like crap.  Crap is a complete an understatement.  The words to describe how I really left cannot be aired on this blog.

Not only did I get no sleep, I spent nearly all the hours away from the bar that night, in my room, throwing up.  I was seriously regretting drowning my sorrows.  I tried to make it down for breakfast but the smell of food made my stomach even more queezy.  I had trouble standing, sitting and even laying down.  Everything made me feel like I was going to be sick, even though I had nothing left in my stomach to throw up.

The entire first part of the day was spent with my walking around aimlessly, trying to find somewhere to try and feel better.  I ended up sitting on our balcony walkway, knees bought up to my chest and head resting on my knees, in the cold.  At least I was thinking about being cold, rather than thinking about feeling sick.

I stayed there for a while; people passed me on the walkway and I either ignored them or grunted.  I did not care on little bit.

Just after midday, I was able to shuffle around a little bit and muster up the courage to walk to the post office.  I needed to send things home as I still had 3 weeks worth of travelling and having excess luggage of 10kg+ was definitely going to be an issue.  I managed to cut down my suitcase by approx half, which gave me the max limit for my Haggis Tour, 15kg.  Off to the post office I walked and hoped these boxes got home safe.  They carried all my heels I’d bought so far (3 pairs) and a whole heap of other souvenirs.  After working out my own luggage and helping others with theirs, it was time for our afternoon canal cruise and dinner.

I hadn’t eaten all day which probably wasn’t a bad thing as I was still feeling pretty average.  The canal cruise was interesting and there some interesting stories on how houses were built leaning forward so you could winch furniture upstairs from the outside for 2 reasons. 1; the staircases were too skinny to fit the likes of a bed or couch and 2; The furniture didn’t smash into the house on its way up.  We also learnt that people used to pay tax on how many windows they had on their street front and that one person built his house one window wide so he didn’t have to pay excess tax.

Dinner was at an Asian Restaurant and I was still reluctant to eat something.  However, when they starting bringing out the food, my stomach quickly realized I was starving.  After about 5 courses, it was time to head out on the town for the last night of our tour.  I had no interest in drinking and neither did a few of the other girls from the night before, so we all decided to head into the Red Light District to get Lauren a tattoo on her foot.

The tattoo parlour was super cool and super clean.  I didn’t feel nervous for Lauren.  In fact, I think if I had been there 10 minutes longer than we were, I may have just come home with a tattoo too.  However that did not happen.  She got “There’s no place like home” on the top of her foot.  It did look pretty sweet.

After that, we cabbed it back to the hotel and went straight to bed.  No drinking and no partying.  I didn’t need a hangover on the last day of travel.

Last day tomorrow.  Stay tuned.
C. x

*To Be Continued*

SAM_3105 SAM_3106 SAM_3108 SAM_3109 SAM_3110 SAM_3112 SAM_3116 SAM_3117 SAM_3121 SAM_3123 SAM_3124 SAM_3125 SAM_3126 SAM_3129 SAM_3131 SAM_3133

I really love comments and feedback!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s